Wednesday 15 August 2007

Where is the love???

As stated in the gospel of the highly popular religious leaders the Black Eyed Peas or known as the BEP’s to cult followers… Where Is The Love?? I mean there are people killing people dying, children hurting you hear them crying. If we all had love this wouldn’t happen (I have chosen to ignore other gospels such as ‘My Hump’ and ‘ Don’t Phunk With My Heart’! which only spread such messages as ‘My hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump.. check it out’).


Above. The cult leaders themselves!



We as human beings find it such a natural thing to go into hate mode rather then try to understand the person or the situation. This then manifests itself in ill feelings and fighting. Another inspirational Fakir once said fear leads to anger and anger leads to hatred and this is the way to the dark side- his name was Yoda.
Above. Yoda looking all religious and wise!!

I mean if we look at a classic example of Skinheads hating coloured people, these guys have probably never actually sat down and spoke to an asain or black person, if they did they may find they have many things in common, they might like going to the pub, watching football, beating up small people, tax dodging etc. so we can see ignorance leads to hate. If the effort was made to find out where the victim of hate is coming from then there would be no reason to hate.

In Sikhi the key is love! We must love all humans, love god , love and respect all things as Gods creation. If we all adopted this philosophy there would be no need for fighting and wars.

I have seen on so many occasions hatred amongst the Sikhs, farmers hating carpenters, nirmalas hating mainstream Sikhs, all Sikhs hating the SGPC and the AKJ seeming to hate everyone! Come on guys what is this, how can you be truly following the path of the guru when you are not listening to his true message!? Love and respect each other, people of other faiths and people of no faith… in short love all!

We as gursikhs must make the conscious effort to educate our selves of this message and try and change our ways, then we can start our passage to spiritual enlightenment and our quest to merge into the Formless.


Quite fitting for independance day I think!

3 comments:

Preet said...

Very apt for Independance Day indeed!

Very well put - fantastic to see a good bit of writing, im impressed! ;o)

g_singh said...

why thank you kind lady!

i hope you like the photographs i took, they are not- as some people have suggested pictures which have been editied in paint.

G

Prabhu Singh said...

Reminds me of something I did with the advanced program known as 'paint.'
http://prabhukhalsa.blogspot.com/2006/05/humor.html

I know it's not funny, but I sort of laughed at your description of Sikhs hating Sikhs. You nailed it.